If you are looking for a dish that packs one hell of a punch, this is the perfect dish for you. This recipe makes a dish that packs a triple punch and that is incredibly high in healthy protein.
Total Prep Time: 50 Minutes
¼ Cup of Lime Juice, Fresh and Evenly Divided
10 tsp. of Olive Oil, Evenly Divided
2 tsp. of Chili Powder
1 tsp. of Cumin, Ground and Evenly Divided
¼ tsp. of Black Pepper
¼ tsp. of Hot Sauce, Your Favorite Kind
1/8 tsp. of Paprika, Smoked and Spanish Style
4 Cloves of Garlic, Finely Chopped and Evenly Divided
24 Pieces of Shrimp, Large in Size, Deveined and Peeled
¾ Cup of Quinoa, Uncooked
½ Cup of Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Cup of Water, Warm
½ tsp. of Salt, Evenly Divided
½ tsp. of Honey
1 Cup of Tomatoes, Cherry and Evenly Divided
½ Cup of Chickpeas, Canned, Rinsed and Drained
½ Cup of Avocado, Peeled and Finely Diced
1 Ounce of Feta Cheese, Crumbled
Some Cooking Spray
¼ Cup of Cilantro, Fresh and Finely Chopped
1. Prepare a grill by preheating to high heat. While it heats up to take out a small-sized mixing bowl and combine your 2 cloves of garlic, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, hot sauce, black pepper and paprika and stir thoroughly to combine evenly. Add your shrimp to this mixture by tossing it lightly and place into your fridge to marinate for the next 30 minutes.
2. While your shrimp marinated you will then need to prepare your quinoa. To do this heat up 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium to high heat. Sauté your onions for 3 minutes or until they are tender. Then add in your quinoa and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, making sure to stir constantly. Then add in your water and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and allow your quinoa mixture to simmer for 15 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff your quinoa with a fork and then add in your fresh lime juice, cumin, salt, olive oil, and honey. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
3. Next add in your chickpeas, cheese, tomatoes, and avocado to your mixture and toss to combine all of the ingredients.
4. Remove your shrimp from the bowl of marinade and season with a dash of salt. Pierce your shrimp onto thin skewers and place onto grill. Grill your shrimp for at least 2 minutes on each side or until the shrimp is fully cooked. Remove from grill.
5. Divide up your quinoa mixture onto a few plates and top with your fully cooked shrimp. Serve immediately.