Pina Colada Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers or vanilla crumb wafers
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 tsp rum flavored extract
- 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
This step is optional but toasting the coconut gives it a much better flavor and only takes 5 minutes! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C
Spread coconut evenly onto a baking sheet and toast in preheated oven 5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs or vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter or margarine. Press firmly into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and coconut cream until fluffy. Mix in rum extract.
Fold in whipped topping, pineapple, cherries, and nuts.
Spread mixture into crust. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Chill several hours before serving. Making sure the pie is set up enough to cut cleanly.